Arizona Like You’ve Never Seen Her
Arizona Monsoon Photography Workshop
Custom Private Workshops Available, see below!
My monsoon workshops are made for the storm loving photographer in all of us. From weather apps to forecasting to photography and time-lapse, we’ll cover everything AND chase storms through the beautiful state of Arizona during monsoon season. Haboobs, lightning, rain, hail…whatever we can find. We’ll travel around in the comfort of my 4Runner and be less constricted than with a big tour van.
Below is a gallery of some images from recent workshops (thanks to Jenny Linquist for letting me use some she took back in 2014!)!
I offer two types of workshops: A scheduled one in late July and then custom, private workshops throughout the summer. The July scheduled one is a fantastic way to hang with other guests in a beautiful AirBNB, filled with snacks, drinks and comfort. The custom ones allow for flexibility and less chase days if desired.
All spots filled! Subscribe to my email newsletter for any new opportunities or submit an inquiry to explore a flexible, custom workshop!
July 27th – august 2nd, 2023 – 1 of 3 spots available
The price: $4000
- Guests arrive in Tucson the night before the start date
- Check into the house, say hi and perhaps a bonus early chase!
- First day: Breakfast, then some learning the rest of the morning and hopefully off to a chase!
- From there on it’s just learning and chasing everyday if there are storms to chase
- The end date will be our final night chasing
- Guests should plan on leaving sometime the day after the end date
- Includes lodging, breakfast, snacks, drinks and of course, instruction!
What’s included in the Tucson Workshop
What’s not included in the fee
- Other Meals
- Private, space for three guests total. Bring a friend or two, or join up with an already planned one.
- These will be scheduled over a span of 3, 5 or 7 days, or more if you’d like.
- You book your own lodging nearby where I live in north central Phoenix, Arizona
- During that span of time, I will choose which days we go chasing based on forecasting and if I feel it’s worth going out Basically, if I don’t want to chase it, I don’t want to waste your money.
- Rate will be on a per chase basis, so before you come, we will agree upon a range of days that work for your budget. Example: You plan on being in Phoenix for 7 days and would like to chase 2-3 days. I will then pick the days we chase based on forecast. If it’s very active and there chases everyday, you can decide if you’d like to add on more days.
- You’ll be sent an invoice at the end.
- Some days will be full days, IE we leave before 3pm to chase all day and night. Those will be full days. If we decide not to chase until later in the evening into the night, those will be called half days and have a lower rate.
- On down days, you can spend it relaxing or exploring Arizona however you see fit!
Rate: $500 per day, per person or $300 for half days.
Requirements for ALL workshops
- A basic understanding of your camera. How to change shutter speeds, aperture, ISO, etc.
- A Digital SLR or Mirrorless camera
- An external cable release (like this for Canon)
- If you want to time-lapse, an Intervalometer (like this one for Canon – note: if you have this, you wont need the cable release above)
- Memory cards!
- Stamina to be in a vehicle for long periods of time and to enter/exit a 4×4 truck with no assistance.
This stuff below is HIGHLY recommended but not required…the first three are the most important:
- Backup hard drives
- iPhone or Android
- A lightning trigger if you want to attempt lightning captures during the day.
If you want to sign up, go to the form below, fill out the info and hit send!
Ready for a Monsoon Adventure?
Enter your email to get started.
"*" indicates required fields