Central Plains Chasing Tour | May 16th – 23rd | May 29th – June 8th, 2017
Tour #1 – 2 spots left! (only four guests total)
Tour #2 – 0 spot left! (only four guests total)
Every year in late May/early June, the storms out on the plains become a little slower moving and the structure can be better than other times. That’s not always the case, but generally later in spring can yield some pretty spectacular storms. Below this section is a little gallery sampling of what I saw in 2015 from May 23rd – June 3rd.
So that’s why we choose to do a long, planned chase this time of year. This tour is a small one, just four guests plus myself and my buddy Andy Hoeland (on tour #1), who has become a pretty amazing forecaster. We leave from Phoenix and return to Phoenix, with the option of dropping people off in Denver if they for some reason want to fly home early.
Please note…this is essentially a tour, not a workshop. While I definitely will and can help with photography questions, I’ll also be focused on chasing, doing my own time-lapse/photography work, perhaps flying a drone and also lots of other decision making. Guests are along for the ride, to experience what it’s like and to get any photos they can!
- Guests arrive in Phoenix the day before the tour start date
- We leave from Phoenix the morning of the tour start date, which could be very early, like 2am. Just depends on where we can get to that day
- Our chase will take us all over the plains. Last year I ended up in 10 different states, from Texas to Montana.
- The last day we chase will be the final tour date, and we’ll drive all night to get home by the next day.
- Your return flight should be late on day after the final tour date
The price: $1700 for Tour #1 / $2000 for Tour #2
What’s not included in the fee:
We have solid connections for cheap hotel rates, especially at Marriott, so the fees for that shouldn’t be too bad and you’ll be able to split it with another guest or us.
What is included:
- We pay for all vehicle expenses, gas, etc.
- Seeing storms, having a blast and hopefully learning a little along the way
If you want to sign up, go to the form below, choose the correct workshop/tour, fill out the info and hit send!