Central Plains Chasing Tours | 2019 | May 17th-23rd | May 27th – June 5th | June 10th-16th
Tour #1 – 0 spots left! (only 5 guests total)
Tour #2 – 0 spots left! (only 5 guests total)
Tour #3 – 2 spot left! (only 5 guests total)
Every year in late May/early June, the storms out on the plains become a little slower moving and the structure can be better than other times. That’s not always the case, but generally later in spring can yield some pretty spectacular storms. Below this section is a little gallery sampling of what we’ve seen the past few year.
These tours are small ones, just 3-5 guests plus myself and a buddy to help out on the 10-day tour. We leave from Denver and return to Denver, although sometimes we can be fluid and drop people off wherever, or even add an extra day if needed.
Please note…this is essentially a tour, not a workshop. While I definitely will and can help with photography questions, I’ll also be focused on chasing, doing my own time-lapse/photography work, perhaps flying a drone and also lots of other decision making. Guests are along for the ride, to experience what it’s like and to get any photos they can! We will chat, learn together, I love sharing what I do, and what I love, especially with all the driving, so it will be fun!
And a note about driving. There is A LOT of driving. Some days we will drive just to get in position for the following day. We may go from Kansas to North Dakota in two days. We go where the best storms will be, so be prepared for that!
- Guests arrive in Denver the day before the tour start date
- We leave from Denver the morning of the tour start date, which could be very early, like 2am. Just depends on where we need to get to that day
- Our chase will take us all over the plains from southern Texas to Montana if need be.
- The last day we chase will be the final tour date, and we’ll drive back to Denver overnight if possible.
- Your return flight should be late on day after the final tour date
The price: $2500-2800
What’s not included in the fee:
Hotels will be the biggest expense for you on the trip. Personally I look for cheap, clean places, even Motel 6’s if the ratings are good. We allow guests to stay where they feel the most comfortable, so we can drop you off there, while I get my own room elsewhere. But adventure is half the fun of these trips and finding those little dingy, awesome motels if part of the fun!
What is included:
- We pay for all vehicle expenses, gas, etc.
- Seeing storms, having a blast and hopefully learning a little along the way
If you want to sign up, go to the form below, choose the correct workshop/tour, fill out the info and hit send!
Photos from past tours!
Use the form below to register for this tour, or to even ask questions first! Looking forward to hearing from you!