Stay off my sh*t

(click to see a larger dumpster with a beautiful black border)

I shot this during my HDR Workshop back in February. I just love what the 50mm 1.4 does on a full frame with that wide aperture. No Focal Point or any other Photoshop effect for the depth of field…just good ol’ f/2.0.

Graffiti can either be awesome or, most of the time, just plain and basically ugly. It’s rare to find something that is just pure art out here. This is really nothing awesome, but the inspiration for the title of this post made me laugh. Kind of curious why the person wrote it. Did someone overwrite his previous crappy graffiti? Or does he perhaps sleep in the dumpster?

(exif: canon 5d eos mark ii, canon 50mm 1.4, f/2.0, iso 100)

1. J Howe
    J Howe says:

I got a laugh out of this one, it’s often the little things that can make a mundane subject more interesting and that little bit of text really makes the shot. I like the processing on this one as well.

2. Dave
    Dave says:

Agreed. Full frame + 50 1.4 = Awesome, and you’ve certainly illustrated that here. Love the warm tones too, outstanding work.

3. A.Barlow
    A.Barlow says:

I like the warm tonal treatment you gave to this.

Add this shot to the examples of why those 50mm primes are so awesome.

4. Toad Hollow Photography
    Toad Hollow Photography says:

I actually snarfed out loud when I got to your post this morning Mike, thanks for the laugh and the smile! I, too, love the fast 50… just still getting the full hang of ours. This photo is absolutely fan-flippin-tastic my friend, I LOVE it!

5. Scott Wood
    Scott Wood says:

Great shot Mike. I am so wanting to get to full frame. Having spent so many years shooting film I truly do miss the perspective that full frame gives.

6. Thomas
    Thomas says:

Hi
    When graffiti is used like that it is pretty cool and funny, but most of the time it is just ugly and destructive I think.