Vera

(Vera wouldn’t mind if you clicked on the image to see it bigger)

My reliable, two-door, sporty, 1999 Toyota Solara is now a thing of the past.  It served its purpose, but in reality…there were only so many dirt roads it could get me down. And with the upcoming monsoon season just over three months away…it was time to make a change.

Enter Vera, my “new” 1994 4Runner with over 190,000 miles on it. And the thing is beautiful. Yes…I had some work done on it after I bought it, but the guys that looked at it said the thing is in great shape. Plus you know these 4Runners and Land Cruisers…they go on forever and ever.

I’ve been driving it around the last few weeks I’ve had it and it’s been a blast. I’m dying to take it down a few trails this summer (or maybe even before that).

Two things you must know about Vera: First, her name was inspired by Jayne’s gun on Firefly, so before anyone gives me crap about it, this is the gun:

Secondly…for someone to waste a pretty epic Arizona sunrise photographing their truck instead of something that might make a sellable print…well, that’s love baby.

Looking forward to where Vera takes me the rest of the year. I think this might be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

(canon eos 5d mark ii, tamron 17-35mm 2.8, 17mm, f/10, iso 100)

It is so awesome that you named your new ride after a Firefly reference. I think your cool points just doubled on that alone 😉 Have fun going down those dirt roads! One item I’d strongly suggest you keep in your vehicle is a good tow strap. I had one in my Jeep just in case I got stuck on the trail and needed some help getting out of a “puddle.” Can’t wait to see the shots this ride helps you get 😉

2. Scott Webb
    Scott Webb says:

Sky is dope. Not sure I’m diggin’ the structure coming out of the hood of Vera – reminds me of pole popping up from behind peoples heads.

I think an ever so slight light trail would have been super sick from behind her. Looks like a beast!

3. Capnschwartz
    Capnschwartz says:

You know I clicked on the picture to see Vera bigger and I got a pop up “I’m not in the mood…” ….my life story!

Nice wheels and great sky backdrop! I’ll have to post what I call a glory shot of my husband’s truck as well – it’s very photogenic when we take it off-roading. 🙂

Nice Mike! Great clouds, as usual – this could be in the 4Runner brochure! Those storms aren’t going to know what hit them! I guess I need to look into this Firefly show too… @Jessie – LOL

@ Jessie – MATIASH couldn’t hold Vera, he’d be trying to iron her 🙂

@ Jina…well, maybe not worry, but definitely keep in the back of your mind.

Thanks guys…this was mostly just a fun photo 🙂