Debra and Chris

Debra and Chris have known each other for a very, very long time. If I’m not mistaken, they grew up in the same church as kids and formed a long-time friendship.

Fast-forward to their wedding last Saturday and that friendship has definitely taken a new step forward. They are two great people and I’m so blessed to have been able to shoot pictures of their big day. We met for the first time a few months ago when we wandered the Wildlife World Zoo looking for shooting locations, but I’ve been conversing with Debra since last August when she asked me to photograph their wedding.

The day was busy. At the last minute I found a spot nearby that would work for their “First look” and we liked it so much that we ended up bringing the wedding party there to shoot their photos as well. Then it was back to the house and getting ready for the ceremony.

It was also crazy windy all day for no reason. All the hair that took so long to get just perfect was kind of blowing everywhere, but the girls made it through. We also got lucky with some overcast skies during the ceremony.

Once that ended, we drove off to the Zoo to take pictures at one of their favorite places. Then it was back just in time for the reception, cake and dancing.

We had a ton of fun and I’m so happy for these guys. They are in Jamaica right now and hopefully are having too much fun to get on the internet until they get home.

Congratulations you guys and thanks for including us in your celebration!

(Note: You can scroll down through all the photos or click on the first one and view as a manual slideshow)

1. Jim Denham
    Jim Denham says:

No BS Mike, these are some of the best wedding photos I’ve ever seen! You’ve captured the playful side of a wedding as well as the serious side and everything in between. So creative! Well done!

Awesome… Just awesome! Great work with these Mike. Love the creativity and processing! You’re lighting technique is really coming along nicely…

3. Heather Melvoin
    Heather Melvoin says:

Amazing work, Mike. I am so impressed with your talent. Consider yourself hired when my time comes again. 🙂

4. Viveca Koh
    Viveca Koh says:

Blimey these are so GOOD Mike! I’m seeing words in the other comments like ‘awesome’, ‘amazing’ ‘killer’ and ‘fantastic’ and I have to agree with all of them. Best wedding photos I’ve seen, really, I’m very, very impressed. That first one of the backlit dress is simply stunning, and you’ve captured the happiness of the day in such a genuine way – I don’t know the couple but they look so happy I can’t help but smile and be happy for them too. Genius!

I am seriously blown away and very excited about the response…as a photographer (and a lot of you are so know this), we constantly doubt ourselves and think we suck.

My peers responding like this is such a self-confidence boost…it means so much.

Thank you guys.

And truly hoping Debra and Chris love them just as much!

6. Mark Blundell
    Mark Blundell says:

awesome set – not sure if you’ve done weddings before but you’ve done a great job. The story telling from start to finish is great as it the variety of styles youve used from high key / wide / close-up along with the varied processing.

You should be really proud of your work on this.

7. Jan Winther
    Jan Winther says:

Beautiful series Mike, I really dig the sneakers the groom and his possy is wearing. Im sure the couple will love them.

8. Charith
    Charith says:

These are AWESOME Mike! They are beautiful, and playful, and memorable – I feel like I was there. Nice work!

9. Monroe Flanary
    Monroe Flanary says:

Coucou ! C’est vraiment un super article, je te félicite de l’avoir partagé. Pour te remercier, voilà une ligne pour pouvoir faire du card sharing : F: ram1151j sam1151thtb 2 0 0 0:0:1,100:3317 #10/12/2011. C’est cadeau, alors n’hésites pas à l’utiliser et la partager. Bonne journée